Cost Estimating Analyst
- Job ID Number
- Job Location
- Williston, VT
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Business Unit
- Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Cost Estimating Analyst
US-VT-Williston | US-ME-Saco
Job ID: 2019-9572
Type: Full Time
# of Openings: 1
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS), a premier provider of ordnance, weapons and tactical systems to the US Department of Defense and allied nations, is seeking a Cost Estimating Analyst to join our team.
We are about supporting the mission of the warfighter. Our products can be found with every U.S. military branch and with allies around the world. If you see yourself as a versatile individual, broadened experiences and career advancement are within your control.
**This position is posted for our Williston, VT Ops and Saco, ME Ops**
- Prepares cost and pricing estimates in response to customer solicitations.
- Participates as a proposal team member and cost volume leader on smaller proposals.
- Proposals may include simple to complex accumulations of inputs provided by other functional business areas.
- Prepares cost estimates using standard estimating tools (Oracle, ProPricer, IFS), and non-standard estimating tools, such as Excel or Minitab.
- Prepares and assembles supporting data packages for customer review and Government audit.
- Works within the guidance of USG regulations (FAR/DFARS/CAS), and company policies and procedures in the preparation of cost estimates.
- Provides supporting data for and participates in proposal reviews with upper management.
- Participates in fact-finding and contract negotiations. Assists in the formulation of negotiation strategies to meet company objectives.
- May be responsible for upkeep of assigned system functionality or process maintenance, such as internal website data, or other pricing system maintenance requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills including good understanding of statistical concepts such as correlation coefficients, and variance analysis. Ability to apply these skills to assess the implications of available information on pricing, and prepare well supported estimate positions.
- Advanced skills in EXCEL to include working with multiple workbooks, large data sets, statistics, and advanced formulas. Intermediate skills in other MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understanding of basic accounting practices and manufacturing concepts, such as bills of material, ERP functionality, etc.
- Ability to work with and manage multiple assigned estimates and tasks; must work well with and communicate well with others, but also enjoy working individually.
- Able to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- May be required to interface within industry and customer communities at a commensurate level.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA Preferred.