Manufacturing Operations Specialist
- Job Reference Code
- Job Location
- Marion, VA
- Manufacturing and Production
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Business Unit
- Mission Systems
Job Location USA-VA-Marion
Required Clearance No clearance
Posted Date 2019-06-20
Employment Full Time
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 2 years of
relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Security Clearance maybe required in the future
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Operations Specialist in our Marion, VA location. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Representative Duties and Tasks:
- Represents the production planning function on various program teams
- Monitors monthly production schedules against customer contract schedules
- Monitors materials on assigned production programs
- Coordinates the development of production build plans
- Identifies process flow improvements and implements; familiar with continuous improvement
- Interfaces regularly with production supervision, supply chain, stockroom, and engineering personnel
- Understands Inventory Control
- Coordinates material shortages with the material planners
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan, schedule, and execute work
- Solid understanding of MRP
- Solid understanding of the bill of material concepts and methodologies
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office tools; Oracle or IFS experience a plus
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Ability to handle complex assignments
- Ability to effectively represent functional area on program teams
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran