- About GD
- Our Businesses
Requisition Number: 2393
Location: Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Department: SSWV Vetronics SW & Lethality - L9665 (Direct)
- Provide medium turret technical SME/leadership capability, interfacing with team members, other GDLS organizations, external customers, and subsystem/LRU-level suppliers.
- Perform system, subsystem, & LRU-level requirements analyses across all turret functionality, identifying interfaces & functionality for multiple programs. Examples of turret functionality include weapon firing, weapon motion, sighting system, crew station interfaces (e.g., displays, hand stations), and power distribution, including consideration for fully operational & degraded modes.
- Support software and hardware development activities for make or buy items as required to ensure planned subsystem and turret-level test activities occur according to project plans.
- Perform laboratory & turret/vehicle integration/test to investigate & troubleshoot issues, or to release new/modified designs. Such tasks involve complex functionality & interfaces, plus require use of special test equipment (e.g., spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, Ethernet/RS-422/etc. bus monitors, custom-created equipment). In support of such tests, author detailed test plans/procedures up front & document results via test reports upon completion.
- Support fielding and production sites to investigate/resolve issues.
- Support vehicle firing tests, either in test director or supporting team member capacity.
- Coordinate with other organizations, compiling input, providing status, and providing suggested course(s) of action as required.
- Work with outside suppliers in cases where functionality under scrutiny is "buy" instead of "make," considering suppliers for LRUs and subsystems.
- Support internal & external technical reviews and status meetings, coordinating & presenting as required. Must maintain excellent rapport with internal & external customers during project execution.
- Identify technical, schedule, & cost risks early during project execution & contribute mitigations or work-arounds.
- Support box-level & subsystem-level verification/qualification tests as required, including environmental test.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Computer Engineering (BSCE) required, along with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience. Fewer years will be required with an Advanced degree.
- Advanced degree and additional certifications within technical discipline preferred.
- Job primarily in the office, but frequent travel is required. Travel to customer, field, production, or supplier facilities required, including both domestic & international destinations. Durations typically 3 weeks.
- Experience with Stryker mission equipment packages (e.g., RWS, ATGM, MGS) & LAV-25/LAV-AT fire control, sighting system, and/or weapon control elements desired. Experience on non-wheeled platforms (e.g., Abrams, MK46) beneficial. Applicable commercial experience also beneficial.
- Experience with planning, execution, & reporting of firing tests desired. Includes analysis of firing performance data.
- Flexibility to adapt experience to support new platforms required. Experience or familiarity with non lethality aspects of these or other platforms beneficial.
- Use of computer and specialized test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, multi-meters, bus analyzers) for troubleshooting or testing in laboratory, turret stand, turret production, and/or field environment required to complete primary job duties.
- Experience in production and fielding environments required.
- DOORS experience required for requirements analysis, decomposition, and traceability.
- Mentor Graphics familiarity beneficial for 1-wire & 2-wire schematic design.
- Matlab/Simulink and/or Labview familiarity beneficial.
- Overtime, weekend, holiday, & off-hours work may be required to complete time-critical tasks.
- Occasionally must lift and carry test equipment weighing 30 lbs.
- Must meet Anthropomorphic Size Restriction (ASR) requirements to work inside turrets & military vehicles.
- Experience with military customers required, both in terms of procurement representatives and end-users/maintainers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Active U.S. Secret Clearance required. Must be capable of maintaining a U.S. Secret Clearance for work on sporadic classified projects and/or for access to restricted locations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.