- About GD
- Our Businesses
Requisition Number: 1409
Location: Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Not Applicable
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Department: TCV Modernization Project Eng - L9752 (Direct)
Execute the role of System Engineering Manager (SEM) for the Abrams Lethality Upgrade (SEPv4) Program. Responsible for the technical integrity, quality and on-time delivery of the Systems Engineering products. Additional responsibilities include System requirements decomposition, traceability, and compliance, requirements allocations, functional architecture development, management of system/sub-system level Interfaces, Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) and planning, preparation and execution of all design related gate reviews with support from the Chief Engineer (CE) and Project Engineers.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Chairs the program Systems Engineering Integration Team (SEIT) and provides Systems Engineering leadership to SE, DDE, and Working Groups
2. Responsible for all SE planning (including SEMP, test and verification plan) on the project.
3. Responsible for applying and/or tailoring organizational processes to meet the specific requirements and constraints (cost and schedule) of the project.
4. Responsible for the review of the Requirements Compliance Matrix (RCM).
5. Responsible for Design Verification and Validation.
6. Responsible for system prototype integration planning and execution.
7. Co-chairs the Engineering Review Board (ERB) (including DDMs, PRs, Risk).
8. Lead for requirements decisions.
9. Coordinates execution of all Systems Engineering activities and product deliverables (CDRLs).
10. Leads development milestone Checkpoint Reviews as well as entry/exit criteria and readiness to proceed to SE technical reviews.
Additionally, provides customer and stakeholder interface for specific Subcontractors (including technical, performance, cost, schedule and risk)
• Negotiate, or supports negotiations, of technical requirements, scope and Subcontract deliverables
• Ensure all EDT obligations are clearly identified to successfully meet technical, cost and schedule commitments negotiated by the Subcontractor
• Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded
• Disseminate communications to all stakeholders and keeps management informed on status
• Knows, and reports the status of Subcontract Management performance; tracks/monitor EVMS and develops any necessary corrective actions
• Provides day-to-day project execution oversight and guidance to major Subcontractors• Reviews team work products and coordinates/facilitates internal reviews
• Develops and fosters a cohesive team
Proficient in MS Office applications.
Proficient in DOORS and Teamcenter.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.