- About GD
- Our Businesses
Requisition Number: 1615
Location: Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Department: APT Vetronics SW & Lethality - L9663 (Direct)
The Advanced Products & Technology's (APT) High Voltage and Energy Storage Laboratory (HV&ES Lab) Team is responsible for the design, build, control and integration of new hardware for the generation, conversion, distribution and storage of vehicle, low and high voltage, electrical power.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within a small team to design, build and test vehicle electrical power hardware, from card level to power-stage to enclosure
- Support the testing and control development of power electronic hardware (DC/DC, AC/DC and AC/DC converters) and electrical machines (i.e. HV and LV generators and motors)
- Support the development, control and testing of high voltage vehicle power systems
- Expand the capabilities of the HV&ES Lab, to include: 1) Improving component testing, and 2) Evolving the Vehicle Power Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test-beds
- Investigate new technologies for the advancement of the vehicle's electrical powertrain and on-board power system
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters preferred with a minimum of six years of applicable experience. Fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree.
- Experience with circuit design and build, with focus on power electronics hardware
- Experience with Electrical Machines and Drives Control, Theory and Implementation
- Experience with Voltage Conversion Control, Theory and Implementation
- Experience with Model and Simulation (e.g., Spice, MatLab, etc.)
- Experience with PCB Design layout (Altium, Mentor Graphics, ORCAD, Eagle etc.)
- Ability to occasionally travel, including to Canada
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.