- About GD
- Our Businesses
Requisition Number: 2228
Location: Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Department: SSWV Vetronics SW & Lethality - L9665 (Direct)
- Design and Develop Electrical Components and Subsystems for processor, I/O, and display, harness products
- Concept to production delivery support including design, debug, test, and qualification
- Develop Engineering Design Fixes, and Coordinate Solutions
- Support circuit design, component selection, procurement, and prototype hardware debug and builds
- Review and develop H/W and S/W requirement documents and test plans
- Strong record keeping skills with commitment to tracking design changes, debug status, H/W and S/W revisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 6-9 years of applicable experience. Fewer years required with an advanced degree.
- Ability to lead small projects
- Ability to use Engineering Development and Test Tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
Knowledge in many, but not all, of the following areas desired
- vehicle harness design
- Digital and Analog circuit design including power and thermal analysis.
- schematic development, component selection, circuit simulation, and PCB layout
- microprocessor based products including processors, chipsets, memory and bus interfaces, networking standards (PCI-xpress, DDR2, DDR3, USB, SATA, DVI, etc...)
- HC12 Microcontrollers and x86, Power PC Single Board Computers
- industry interface standards and form factors (VITA42/46, COM Express, ETX, etc ...)
- Networking Products, H/W, S/W, Switches, Routers, OSI layers
- Network Storage (NAS, SAN), Solid State and Rotating Drive technologies, Interfaces, and protocols (IDE, SATA, SCSI, ibre Channel, NFS)
- Serial Interconnects, USB, CAN, RS422/485, etc
-graphics/video interfaces (DVI, HDMI, RS-170, etc.)
- FPGA Design and Simulation, VHDL
- EMI/EMC design practices and standards.
- C, C++, VisualStudio (VB)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.