Responsibilities for this Position
Job ID: 2022-6718
# of Openings: 48
Category: Building Trades
EB Quonset Point Facility
RT welder position encompasses welding on Sub safe / Hull integrity joints according to weld procedures and quality standards. Responsibilities include.
- Weld all welding positions and on various joint designs
- Gouging of full penetration welds
- Be responsible for welding with high quality, speed and efficiency
- Final welds are expected to meet internal policy standards and meet UT / RT acceptance criteria
- Selected applicants will be required to successfully complete a RT welding test along with satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period to demonstrate proficiency in X-ray welding.
Successful applicants will be placed on the RT welding crew to assist with facility goals and objectives
This position is located at the Quonset Point facility in North Kingstown, RI.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret welding and shipyard procedures, structural drawings, technical manuals, test documents and diagrams desired
- Applicants will be required to work in a collaborative and team environment and meet organizational goals and follow all written and verbal instructions as directed
- Strong mathematical skills preferred
- Electric Boat weld experience and/or training or at least 2 years welding experience and/or training from another company or Trade school
- Knowledge of welding procedures and various types of welding equipment
- Must be able to work in horizontal, vertical, overhead and flat positions.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and tight areas
- Must be available to work all shifts
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools
- Some lifting, climbing, bending will be required
- Previous experience in Pulse, Spray, Mig and Stick.
- Previous experience with mechanized welding
- Previous gouging experience
- High School diploma / GED preferred. Additional preference given for Vocational, Technical and Community Colleges or Apprentice programs