Sr. Analyst, Benefits
Responsibilities for this Position
Sr. Analyst, Benefits
Job ID: 2021-1173
# of Openings: 1
Category: Human Resources
General Dynamics is a market leader in business aviation; land and expeditionary combat systems, armaments and munitions; shipbuilding and marine systems; and information systems and technologies. With over 100,000 employees in 71 countries, we operate globally through five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Marine Systems, and Technologies.
As a Corporate Headquarters employee, working in Reston, Virginia, you will gain a broad understanding of the General Dynamics’ portfolio; work with accomplished professionals; enjoy a work-life balance, and grow your career while your leadership invests in your continued professional success.
General Dynamics is committed to helping our employees and their families lead healthy, productive lives. General Dynamics offers a wide array of plans in its flexible benefits program with options to help our employees succeed at work and at home.
We proudly support a culture of inclusion that encourages a work environment that honors diverse opinions.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
As a member of the General Dynamics Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) benefits team, you will administer and coordinate General Dynamics’ employee retirement benefit programs (401(k) and Pension Plans). In this role, you will provide critical analyses to the benefits team to ensure timely, efficient and accurate handling of benefit operations.
- Ensure employee retirement benefit programs (401(k) and pension programs) are administered in accordance with the plan documents and applicable regulations.
- Research participant, record keeper and business unit questions/issues related to DB and DC plans. Analyze data and various plan rules to determine appropriate resolution. Work with management to escalate issues as required.
- Oversee various audit requests to ensure appropriate follow up and resolution by deadlines. Audits include EBP audits, DOL or other governmental audits.
- Work closely with our benefits administration provider, IT provider and internal payroll group to support various benefits projects including compliance-related matters or projects, annual administration, plan changes and analysis and historical research.
- Effectively manage multiple, complex projects and deadlines with business units, outsourced providers and third-party vendors. Projects may be annual or ad hoc in nature. Typical projects include non-discrimination testing, 401(k) eligibility analysis, summary plan description (SPD) updates, plan mergers, and annual filing requirements, among others.
- Utilize PeopleSoft and other databases to produce detailed analyses and reports around plan data, employee participation, eligibility criteria and other metrics. Develop presentations for management as needed.
- Create or review written materials and memos to be used in employee communications and regulatory mailings.
- Analyze and monitor 401(k) plan fees.
- Assist management with presentations and analyses to GD Investment Committee as well as annual proxy reporting.
- Continuously review existing processes with a goal towards improved efficiency and accuracy. Recommend enhancements to management.
- Participate in special benefit related projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this role you must possess the following:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform essential functions of the role
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by start date unless medical or religious exceptions apply