Senior Hardware Technician - TS/SCI - Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA OH Wright-Patterson AFB
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ93334
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Senior Hardware Technician
Wright Patterson AFB Ohio
Top Secret Security clearance with SCI level access is required
Team provides cross functional support to the National Air and Space Intelligence Center. This diverse team includes providing services in network hardware support, physical and virtual servers, help desk support, systems administration, IT infrastructure installation and maintenance, and storage and backup administration support. Within this team, Intrepid is currently seeking additional Hardware Technicians of various experience levels. Great opportunity to enter into the field of IT, or continue to strengthen existing knowledge and skills.
- Install/maintain/repair/remove workstations and peripherals;
- Perform supplies management in support of supplies acquisition (e.g. rack brackets, power cords, power strips);
- Provide computer inventory and accountability support in accordance with customer prescribed practices with minimal supervision;
- Maintain list of toolboxes associated with this functional area;
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month;
- Work Microsoft System Center Service Manager tickets received and will use best OEM practices to troubleshoot and repair defective devices;
- Install and move workstations and peripherals in accordance with projects guidelines;
- Document IT devices requiring the replacement of parts using Microsoft System Center Service Manager ticketing system and Other Designated Costs (ODCs) procurement ordering process;
- Receive, test, and return to Governmental bench stock all vendor repairs;
- Install, test, and return to operational service for redistribution to the customers all warranty repairs;
- Ensure replacement computers are operational upon installation to the customer including all software;
- Ensure the customer does not lose any functionality upon receiving a new computer.
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month.
OPERATING HOURS AND EXPECTATIONS: This is a full time position, with standard operating hours Monday - Friday, unless otherwise indicated during the interview process.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
- Candidateshall possess and maintain IAT Level II certification as required by DoD Directive 8570.01-M for the work being performed (Security+)
- Candidate shall have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA OH Wright-Patterson AFB
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.