IT Service Desk Specialist - TS/SCI - Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA OH Wright-Patterson AFB
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ93336
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
IT Service Desk Specialist
Wright Patterson AFB Ohio
Top Secret Security clearance with SCI level access is required
Team provides cross functional support to the National Air and Space Intelligence Center. This diverse team includes providing services in network hardware support, physical and virtual servers, help desk support, systems administration, IT infrastructure installation and maintenance, and storage and backup administration support.
We are looking for qualified Communication Focal Point (CFP) Service Desk support. CFP Personnel support the facility's Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, including Windows/Linux based platforms and required to support a 24*7*365 schedule including performing touch maintenance at the users'
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remote Support - provide remote diagnosis/resolution of end-user requests/problems in a customer service oriented, team environment.
- Touch Maintenance - provide at-the-desk diagnosis/resolution of end-user requests/problems in a customer service oriented, team environment.
- Coordinate corrective action required by outside/parent agencies as required.
- Be responsible for monitoring, opening, assigning, updating and closing tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems.
- Troubleshoot assigned tickets using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Provide administrative support as required such as granting/revoking network access and file permissions; performing file/directory restorations; installation of desktop software; VoIP pin resets.
- Provide administrative support to user account creation and maintenance to include resetting account passwords and unlocking accounts.
- Provide desktop support at the customer's location as required such as adding workstations to the domain, troubleshooting hardware issues, installing drivers; desktop support includes Windows and Red Hat Linux workstations and mobile computing (i.e. laptops and tablets).
- Provide 24-hour network and environmental monitoring and appropriate alarm reporting utilizing provided tools/capabilities.
- Use provided network monitoring tool (E.g. Solarwinds) to monitor and support various networks and system assets.
- Perform system reboots in the data center as required following documented reboot procedures.
- Be able to utilize standard Active Directory and UNIX based commands.
- Replace workstations with like systems and reload all applicable user applications.
- Coordinate with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II2 or Level III3 support is required.
- Utilize provided environmental monitoring system (E.g. Site Scan) to discover and report environmental systems problems.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures for backup and restoration.
- Physically or remotely log into the system and execute prepackaged Microsoft Installers (MSIs) or follow prescribed flowcharts/checklists.
- Provide daily network status reports.
- Assist Air Force Network (AFNET) Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) with resolution of Remedy trouble tickets.
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month.
Required to have Department of Defense (DoD) 8140/8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II (CompTIA Security+) certificationrequired at the time of application.
High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
Must have Active Top Secret/ SCI clearance upon application.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA OH Wright-Patterson AFB
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.