Customer Service Representative
Responsibilities for this Position
Added - 12/31/69
Customer Standards & Services
Dallas, Texas | Full Time
Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), has been enabling global flight with passion since 1967. From a single maintenance hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 50 locations and 4,000 employees worldwide, our offering includes Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Maintenance, and Staffing. We are the effort behind effortless. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
Customer Service Representative
Regional Operations US
Career Band / Job Grade:
B1 / 3
US0119 / Customer Service Agent
Sr Manager Customer Service
The Customer Service Representative provides assistance to passengers and crew throughout the different stages of travel through our Jet Aviation FBOs. This position serves as the main point of contact for service requests, inquiries, suggestions, and complaints.
- Provides new and existing customers with the best possible service in relation to billing inquiries, service requests, suggestions, and complaints in a warm, friendly, and respectful manner
- Resolves customer inquiries and complaints fairly and effectively
- Provides product and service information to customers and identifies upselling opportunities to maintain and increase income streams from customer relationships
- Recommends and implements programs to support customer needs
- Assists crew members with arrangements for hotels, ground transportation, catering, linens, and other vendor service requirements
- Complies with all relevant airport and Jet Aviation policies, regulations, and laws
- Represents Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
- Responsibilities are within the Customer Support/Operations Function as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Basic English language skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to work flexible schedules and in various weather conditions as well as meeting minimum physical requirements of the job
- Excellent multitasking abilities.
- 1-2 years' prior FBO working experience or a customer-service related field experience (e.g. hospitality) preferred
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Cultural awareness and related sensitivity
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climbs or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds over their heads. Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.