- About GD
- Our Businesses
Requisition Number: 2434
Location: Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Department: APT PROJECT ENGINEERING - L9631 (Direct)
- Ensure all APT obligations are clearly identified to successfully meet project cost, schedule and technical performance requirements.
- Coordinate engineering activities decisions to ensure project expectations are met
- Assist in developing and revising detailed project plans in support of proposals and contract modifications.
- Coordinate corrective action activities with respect to project milestones, data deliverables or manpower resources found in the project plans to management and contribute to the development of corrective actions.
- Identify critical issues requiring action in a timely manner and direct management to closure.
- Aid ED&T across multiple IRAD projects in implementing common program/project management practices and processes across project/APT boundaries.
Provide line of sight into the projects by:
- Developing executive level summaries and recommending management actions in regards to forecasted ED&D's performance short falls.
- Providing overarching insight into all projects and coordinate across other APT projects to maximize resource deployment.
- Guide multi discipline diverse teams and support Program Management reviews and reporting.
- Utilize established metrics for monitoring project performance.
- Build personal reputation and internal customer interface relations through decisiveness and integrity.
- Achieve program Iteration of all efforts associated with the project delivery schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Project Management, Organizational Management and a minimum of ten years of appicable experience. Other degrees will be considered with relevant experience and fewer years with an advanced degree.
Demonstrated project engineering experience overseeing complex technical projects.
Proven experience as technical interface with customers and ability to lead multi functional teams.
Excellent communication capabilities: written, verbal and presentation.
Organizational capabilities to direct and lead others in a team based environment.
Analytical skills and ability to direct and consult on technical analyses.
Must be willing to travel (domestic and/or foreign) as needed.
Knowledge of business finances, scheduling tools and critical path analysis.
Significant experience with supplier vendor management and oversight a plus
Knowledge of GDLS products, processes, and capabilities a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.