- operates our facilities in compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and in a way that is protective of the health and safety of our employees, surrounding communities and the environment;
- strives to be a leader in improving environmental quality, by minimizing waste and emissions, reusing and recycling, reducing the use of natural resources and promoting pollution prevention efforts throughout the company;
- reviews our facilities and programs on a regular basis and establishes goals for continuous improvement in the environmental arena;
- integrates environmental considerations into business planning and decisions, including in design, procurement, production, facilities management and product support;
- promotes a workplace in which all employees are properly trained to comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations, to meet environmental program goals and to take personal responsibility for protecting the environment;
- works with our customers to meet their environmental needs and goals consistent with the company's environmental compliance and management programs; and
- implements a management system for environmental matters at each business unit that is compliant with the most current edition of ISO 14001.
Our business units have flexibility to manage environmental matters in a responsible manner in tune with their communities and that is most appropriate for their specific business, considering specific competitive landscapes and customer demands and priorities.